Update: The submission period for the proposed amendment to the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014, relating to Special Entertainment Precincts consultations has ended and a consultation report is now available to view.
The purpose and general effect of the proposed amendment is detailed below:
- designate part of the Maroochydore City Centre Priority Development Area and part of Nambour’s activity centre as special entertainment precincts under the Local Government Act 2009, to facilitate/support the live music industry on the Sunshine Coast and delete existing hospitality areas in Maroochydore, Nambour, Caloundra and Mooloolaba activity centres to reduce potential overlap and confusion;
- amend the tables of assessment, development codes, zone codes and relevant local plan provisions for the Principal centre zone, Major centre zone, and parts of the District centre zone, Local centre zone and Tourist accommodation zone to:
- provide for “lower impact” entertainment uses (e.g. restaurants and small bars) across centre zones and key tourist areas to encourage vibrancy and support the night time economy in higher order centres;
- concentrate “higher impact” entertainment uses (e.g. night clubs and dedicated live music venues) in the designated special entertainment precincts and the Ocean Street Food and Music Sub-Precinct;
- provide for micro-breweries in the Principal centre zone and Major centre zone;
- amend the assessment benchmarks relating to noise criteria for venues, surrounding residential development and key mixed use areas;
- amend the Planning scheme policy for the Nuisance code to include advice for achieving the outcomes specified in the Nuisance code, including requirements for noise impact assessments; and
- undertake all necessary consequential amendments to other parts of the planning scheme.
The proposed amendment was on public consultation from 15 October 2018 until 9 November 2018.
The Public Notice was published on 13 October 2018.
View the proposed amendment
The proposed amendment documents can be viewed below:
For further information, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Branch on (07) 5420 8953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.